Day Tour of Alexandria
Your tour guide and driver will pick you up from Alexandria Port ( by the cruise exit door) for a wonderful day tour of Alexandria to visit Pompay's Pillar. It was constructed in honor of the Emperor Diocletian at the end of the 4th century. Originally from the temple of the Serapis, it was once a magnificent structure rivaling the Soma and the Caesarean.
Then you drive to visit the Catacombs which are the largest Roman Cemetery consisting of three levels cut in the rock. Lunch at local restaurant in Alexandria, and then we proceed to see the Qaitbay Citadel which was built on the site of the ancient pharaohs (lighthouse) of Alexandria then to Bibliotheca Alexandrina.
Finally you will transferred back to your cruise ship at Alexandria Port.
Tour Duration :
- Pick up services from Alexandria Port & return
- All transfers by a private air-conditioned vehicles
- Private English speaking Guide
- Entrance fees to mentioned sites
- Bottled water on board the vehicle during the tour
- Lunch meal at local restaurant
- All Service charges & taxes
- Any extras not mentioned in the program
- Tipping Kitty