Ministry of Tourism New Regulations
▪ May 15, 2020: The first stage (experimental operation) with a maximum of 25% of the total hotel capacity(including day-use).
▪ June 1, 2020: Operating at a maximum of 50% of the hotel capacity.
▪ Hotels, wishing to operate, must apply for an audit; in accordance with the health and safety guidelines circulated by the Egyptian Hotel Association. When the hotel passes the process of review and inspection, it is granted a health and safety certificate that is renewed every year.
▪ Creating a brand for health and safety certification.
▪ The review and inspection process is conducted within 10 days from the date of submitting the application.
▪ Each hotel is required to have an onsite clinic and doctor working in continuous coordination with the Ministry of Health and Population.
▪ Ensuring the quality of personal protective equipment and sterilization materials used (dealing only with companies approved by the Ministry of Health and Population).
▪ Forming a committee: between the Egyptian Hotels Chamber and the infection control sector in the Ministry of Health & Population to inspect those establishments to ensure their compliance with the regulations and their preparedness to re-operate.
▪ Coordination with the Occupational Health and Safety department in the Ministry of Environment regarding the water tanks.